Does Having An Attorney Really Matter?

October 15th, 2021

The choice on who you select to represent you during the criminal process is one of an individual’s most personal decisions. When you retain an attorney to represent you, one of the most important rights you have as a citizen is at stake: your freedom. Because your freedom is at stake, tensions are often high, and that, coupled with unfamiliarity with the legal system, often leads people to say or do things not in their best interest. Keep in mind:

90% of all prosecutions end in guilty pleas;

90% of the remaining 10% that go to trial will end in a guilty verdict.


The State of Louisiana has one of the highest per-capita incarceration rates in our nation. The United States is one of the highest per-capita incarceration rates in the civilized world. 

Do not let this scare you. Instead, it should shed light on the reality of what is going on in the United States and specifically Louisiana. Do not waive the proverbial white flag of surrender! Instead, recognize the need to fight! As you go into battle, remember the importance of your legal defense team. 


At the Law Office of Larrion L. Hillman we represent individuals who share our beliefs and who we can work with to make sure their rights are protected. So don’t let yourself become another statistic;  ensure your rights are protected. And always remember, keep calm and let Hillman handle it.

Let’s Work Together